Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Happy Day Card


Today I have a new project that I made to participate in 2 challenges. The first one is Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, their theme this week was ¨Make it colorful¨  
The other challenge I wanted to join is Virginia´s View Challenge, I found it through Laura Bassen´s blog and I really liked the theme: Geometric Patterns.
I thought these 2 challenges were perfect to be combined: geometric colorful patterns!!!

Hoy tengo un nuevo proyecto que hice para participar en 2 retos. El primero es de Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, su tema esta semana es de muchos colores (Make it colorful).
El otro reto en el que quería participar se llama Virginia´s View Challenge, que lo encontré a través del blog de Laura Bassen, el tema me fascinó: Patrones Geométricos (Geometric Patterns).
Me pareció que estos dos retos serían una combinación perfecta: patrones geométricos coloridos!!!

 I started by collecting strips of watercolor paper remaining from other projects.
Comencé recolectando restos de papeles para acuarelas en tiras largas, que me sobraban de otros proyectos.

 I cut them into random thickness.
Los corté con diferentes grosores.

 Then I used a card base to check how many strips would cover most of the card.
Después utilicé una base de tarjeta para medir cuantas tiras necesitaba para cubrir una tarjeta.

 I used some painters tape to fix the strips on a board.
Las fijé a una tabla con cinta de carrocero.

 I did some color testing with my distress markers. I scribbled them on a slick surface so I could pick up the color with a watercolor brush.
Hice unas pruebas de color con rotuladores distress. Garabateaba en una superficie lisa para luego recoger el color con un pincel para acuarelas mojado.

 When I was happy with the colors I used the testing piece of paper as my guide.
Cuando encontré los colores que me gustaban utilicé el papel de pruebas como mi guía.

 I painted each strip with a different color, I let them dry and did a second layer.
Pinté cada tira con un color diferente, las dejé secar y luego hice una segunda capa de color.

 I made some black splatters using distress ink, I water down and flicked a brush on top of the strips. i used the heat tool to speed up the drying time.
Hice unos salpicados con tinta distress negra, le agregué mucha agua y salpiqué con un pincel todas las tiras. Les di un toque con la pistola de calor para acelerar el tiempo de secado.

 Then I cut the strips in different sizes, some were random, and others i measured a bit to make sure they didn’t align with the other strips.
Luego corté las tiras de diferentes tamaños, unos fueron al azar y otros medidos para que no se alinearan unas con otros.

 I use a straight edge ruler to align the first row. I cover the back of my card base with post-it paper to protect from getting dirty.
Con una escuadra con ángulo recto me ayudé a colocar la primera fila. Me aseguré de proteger la parte trasera de la tarjeta con unas post-it.

I carefully aligned each row, pasting them down row by row.
Con mucho cuidado fui alineando cada fila, pegando fila por fila.

 I made sure everything was straight before I press down all the rectangles. 
Me aseguré que todo estuviera bien derechito antes de presionar fuerte todas las filas.

 Then it was time for the sentiment.
Luego llegó el turno del mensaje de mi tarjeta.

I die cut the word ¨happy¨ and some letters to spell the word ¨day¨ using black cardstock.
Utilicé un troquel para cortar la palabra ¨happy¨ y otros troqueles de letras para la palabra ¨day¨ usando cartulina negra.

 Then glued them down to the bottom left side of the card and added a thin black strip across the bottom as I wanted to add a bit of black to balance the design. 
Luego las pegué hacia el lado izquierdo bajo de la tarjeta y le puse una tira finita a lo ancho de la tarjeta en la parte de abajo para darle un poco de balance a todo el diseño.



 The watercolor paper I used is very thick, it gives lots of dimension to the card but it doesn’t make it bulky.
El paper para acuarelas que utilicé es bastante grueso, eso le da mucha dimensión a la tarjeta sin hacerla muy abultada. 

I hope you like it ;)
Espero que les guste ;)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Gabriela! I absolutely love how you've created the bricks and the soft pastel colours are so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. Me encantan tus comentarios.